1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Software problem ...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Bim, Jan 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bim

Bim New Member

I was attempting to print a part yesterday. It would get so far then it sounded like the machines servos were having trouble as it was happening on corners only. The machines do not have circular interpolation so it finally dawned on me later in the day after I had given up. The program was full of small moves which was causing the machine to catch up to the Cura software as it was calculating the moves I assumed (Which may be incorrect but the solution shows this is perhaps the reason). I changed to Simplify 3D, which creates the entire file before printing, and the problem went away. Just something to consider if you should fall into the same problem.

#1 Bim, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015
  2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Uh all software generates the entire gcode before printing. Might have been a usb comm issue

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It could just be that the GCode Simplify is sending is faster/different so it is able to communicate smoother.
    Hard to say exactly, but USB communications issues gets my vote as well.

4. Bim

Bim New Member

That would be a RTS and CTS signal not being monitored correctly.

5. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

Wonder if that could be my issue, what corners were effected, all or just on one side.

6. Bim

Bim New Member

It slowed on all corners but those on the right upper corner started first for some reason. As it went on, they all got horrible and would skip over sections of the corner. The communications error sounds possible as not monitoring the RTS and CTS signals will cause data overflow. That would make sense because most giveup and go the the card reader which is internally controlled for software flow.

7. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

I wish I could send to card from Cura to test, as I really need the brim setting, I hate rafts. on Simplyfy3D site debating to hit the buy button.

8. Bim

Bim New Member

You have to get the Autolevel fix that is on this forum for Simplyfy3D. It take some figuring out but I finally sat down and took the time to understand everything in the software after the problem yesterday. I will not say it will fix your problem but it made mine go away.

9. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

I am testing using the sd card from mattercontrol to see if that helps. Thanks

10. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Slice in cura, use repetier or MC for sending to SD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.