1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

[Solved]Robo For Cura turn on extruder just before printing.

Discussion in 'Software' started by ImaginationToForm, Apr 25, 2017.

1. ImaginationToForm

ImaginationToForm New Member

Hello,

I was trying this new version of the software Robo For Cura but I can not see a way to set when gcode will turn on the Extruder temp.

Since this Cura turns on the extruder temp at beginning the filament starts to spit out as its doing the bed leveling.

I've gotten this to work with Mattercontrol but I use Octoprint now so I cant send file to print with MC. I've also gotten it to work with Craftware slicer but again I can not send to printer directly from that software. It be great to be able to send from slicer like this Robo for Cura will do after I set it up for Octoprint.

Code:
    ;FLAVOR:RepRap
    ;TIME:21731
    ;Generated with Cura_SteamEngine 2.3.1
    M190 S60
    M104 S200
    M109 S200                                                       I'm not sure why are are two set temps.
    G90 ;set extruder to absolute mode       <--- this begins printers gcode start section
    G21 ;use metric values
    M82 ;set extruder to absolute mode
    G28 X0 Y0 Z0 ;home
    G1 Z5 F5000 ;move z up a bit
    G28 X0 Y0 Z0 ;home
    G29 ;level bed
    M565 Z0.45      ;use Z-offset
    G92 E0                                                    <--- Id like Cura to set temp after this.
    ;LAYER_COUNT:130
    ;LAYER:0

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

We have a few Cura users on here so hopefully one can chime in. I know a number of them are using the 15.x version rather than the 2.x version and the differences in behavior are significant. I experimented with it on our C2, but not very much... I never used it with the R1 series at all.

3. ImaginationToForm

ImaginationToForm New Member

Hi Well Finally was able to figure this out. Cura seems to like verbose variables. I used following code in my gcode startup:
    G29 ;level bed
    M109 S{material_print_temperature}
    This removes the generated M109 that would been performed before the bed leveling leaving the filament dots.

mark tomlinson likes this.