1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partial Answer Stumped...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by SLV2NON, Jul 1, 2017.

1. SLV2NON

SLV2NON New Member

So I've looked through the visual troubleshooting guides but I haven't seen something that matches my printing problems... coincidentally this happened when I switched from using MatterControl to using Repetier and OctaPrint. So I'm hoping it's just a configuration problem but I can't find what's different between the two in the settings.

So... maybe a couple photos will help. The case was printed square in relation to the print bed, yet me inconsistencies are diagonal. ???

Granted I have some other issues to deal with... however these are the most glaring issues that I can't figure out.

Attached Files:

2. SLV2NON

SLV2NON New Member

Looks like one of my photos didn't upload....

Attached Files:

3. SLV2NON

SLV2NON New Member

Nothing? So I'm going to try increasing my flow(105%), however I'm not so sure that's my issue. My perimeters look good. The infill looks odd. It's as if it's doing 18 consecutive inner lines then 2 consecutive lines are dropped/not extruding properly. I was thinking of maybe adjusting my nozzle diameter from 1.75 to something slightly larger... but I can't imagine I need to add 10%. That just seems too high of an error.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You already said it is a slicer problem :)
    Use a different one?

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Looks like intermittent extrusion issues. Have you calibrated the extruder? How many top/bottom layers, infill %? Material? Temps? It could very well be PLA and needs a oiler or seasoned, it could be a worn out nozzle or incorrect nozzle size defined in the slicer. It could be a slice error or model issue. We need alot more information from you regarding your set up. Will your machine print a different item ok? Or are all items showing up like that? Is it just the bottom and top layers?

mark tomlinson likes this.