1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Terrible quality prints.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Oisin, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Oisin

Oisin Member

Does anyone here have any idea why this might be happening? It looks like a combination of z-ribbing, weird inaccurate wall printing and the odd straight up layer skip. I'm no expert, though. Perhaps there's a simple fix?

I print with PLA at 210 degrees, 30mm/s. I use Cura but I also got this in Repetier. It's a printer side thing anyway, I'd wager.

Attached Files:

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I don't really see any ribbing. Looks more like underextrusion to me. Possibly a partial clog.

My usual suggestions are:

-Calibrate your extruder steps per mm:

- Season your extruder and run an oiler

- Buy some cleaning filament to purge your nozzle

- Run a high E guitar string or a brass bristle from a brass bristle brush through the nozzle.

3. Oisin

Oisin Member

Thanks for the reply, Mike! That guide was the one I recently used to calibrate my extruder. I was actually getting better prints with the Robo3d default e-steps than with what I calculated.

I haven't tried cleaning out the nozzle though. I'll do that now.

4. William Muraski

in IMG_20150905_203249.jpg (looks like the bottom of the print) it looks like z axis is set to high in either the offset or when it try's to calibrate, what is your print layer height set at?

5. Oisin

Oisin Member

That's actually the top of the print. The offset is 1.5mm and the plastic is really squashed in to the build plate. I don't have adherence issues. My layer height is usually 0.1mm as my nozzle is 0.25mm. This was my attempt at printing at 0.2mm

6. Kevin Nguyen

Kevin Nguyen New Member

Can you post what your first layer looks like? I know from my experience that if I was to low it clogged up my hotend.