1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved The fan stopped working while it's printing.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Wis Wang, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Wis Wang

Wis Wang New Member

The fan stopped working while it's printing and the filament can not come out from the nozzle either. But I can manually control the fan before printing. Shall I ask for a replacement?

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

That fan is controlled by the board. It's generally disabled on the first layer.

Does the hot end fan run?

Printed Solid likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

There are two fans.. The big one blowing one what you are printing (the parts fan) and the small one on the hotend itself.
    Like Mike says the big one (the Parts fan it is called) is controlled by the software and he RAMPS board. It is not always on.
    The small one on the hotend should always be on (at least when the hotend is hot) or your filament will jam (and not extrude).

4. Wis Wang

Wis Wang New Member

Hi, Mike thanks for the reply. Both two fans worked well after the first layer. :)

5. Wis Wang

Wis Wang New Member

Hi, Mark thanks for the reply. Now I see. I didn't notice that before. So I was worried about the fan. Both two fans worked well after the first layer.:)