1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

The Left Y-Rod is wobbling, should I be worried?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Kaan, Sep 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaan

Kaan Member

The left rod that turns and controls the y-axis is wobbling, the right one is ok, the wobble is probably around 1mm's / disturbing, however no issues with prints, should I be worried? (I guess the wobble could cause the screws and rod to fall of over time)

Slightly unrelated, I also started a print with the extruder at +20cm's - instead of lowering, the printer/matter control pushed the head outside boundaries, forcing it upwards for less than a minute until I was able to reset things, after this unwanted stress test, the wobble stayed the same, so I guess the wobble won't increase with usage much

I'm a balance addict, so I would like to fix that wobble if possible

Thanks in Advance

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

? Mine has belts for X and Y. Rods are only for Z. Still, the threaded rod wobble is not an issue.

2 people like this.
  3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Wobble on the Z rods is normal due to lack of precision in 5/16-18" rods. Trust me, you need the wobble.

2 people like this.
  4. Kaan

Kaan Member

Thanks for the reply and I apologize for the axis mix-up :) Yes it's the Z axis (confusion from too much abs fumes I guess)

Thanks for the replies :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.