1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Tried to update Firmware to V2

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by MOwens5150, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MOwens5150

MOwens5150 New Member

All,

I have been trying to get the new software "Cura for Robo" to work on my R1+. It would not recognize my R1+.

I downloaded Arduino 1.6.9 and the V2 version of the software and tried to follow the instructions as listed at http://guide.robo3d.com/Wiki/ROBO_3D_Firmware_Release_Notes#Section_Flashing_the_firmware in the Flashing the firmware section. All went well until under the section "Steps to uploading the firmware (or flashing the arduino with the same firmware)."

I went to step 6 "Under file, choose sketchbook, and then choose marlin auto level." But when I clicked "sketchbook" nothing happened.

I then closed the program and opened Matter Control and it tries to connect but nothing ever connects now. I was printing fine yesterday.

I have rebooted the PC, disconnected power and USB cable from the R1+ and then re plugged cables and nothing.

Please help. I bought my printer off Amazon in 2015 and it is the one with blue LED

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

First off, are you using the correct board in the Arduino IDE, it should say "Arduino/Genuine Mega or Mega 2560" under the Tools menu. Also under Tools the processor should read "ATMega 2560 (Mega 2560)"

Second check the port selected and make sure it is the same port that Windows thinks your printer is on. This is usually correct but could be off. It is in the bottom right corner of the IDE window.

Third was there some editing you had done to the firmware. Just an FYI V1 and V2 are functionally identical firmwares except for version number. Robo did not add any features or improvements between version 1 and version 2, so if you can avoid doing so, there should be no need to upgrade to V2 ever.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. MOwens5150

MOwens5150 New Member

Thanks to your advice I double checked evrything again. I found the issue was I had the new firmware on my network drive and even though I had Arduino pointed to that location it wouldn't see it. So I dumped the files into the local C Drive and bingo, I am up and printing again

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yes, I have bumped into that issue myself.
    The Arduino IDE is a barely useful compiler :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.