1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved trouble putting back the extruder nozzle

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by felipe fomez, May 19, 2015.

1. felipe fomez

felipe fomez Member

Ok, I'm I missing something, I pushed it as much as I can. But then when I try to put the 2 screws it starts grinding on the cylinder thing of the extruder and can't put the screws all the way in. Any tips. This is getting frustrating dor something so simple. Thanks

2. Stephen Capistron

Stephen Capistron Active Member

The screws are supposed to grind along the groove in the top of the cylinder.

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

The screws don't need to go in all the way, just enough to grip it securely

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yea, they actually tap into the top of the extruder.

5. felipe fomez

felipe fomez Member

a ok, because when I was screwing it in it gave me a lot of resistance and ended damaging the circular part. sanded it down where the metal was deformed and is good now. have one more question after I unclogged it. it started to print but now it seems it doesn't want to print correctly. first when I started to print it prints the first layer good, but around the second or third it seems the nozzle just rubs on the lower layers and leaves everything rough. also I noticed that it shakes a lot and it jumps out of that socket where it moves the tubes up and where the nozzle is mounted on.