1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Trouble with flashing firmware solved

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by 54chevyguy, May 27, 2017.

1. 54chevyguy

54chevyguy New Member

i had an issue with flashing the firmware for Thermistor NTC 3950 i had lost all use of the LCD controller and the firmware was not working and i have seen Questions about how to get firmware to the arduino board i have seen answers like have to remove the board then flash. but after half a day of going round and round with the robo 3DR1+ i found out that if you do not make sure to unzip the firmware zip file to the sketch pad /arduino file usually put in documents under arduino you will more then likely get a machine that will not work i also downloaded a old arduino 1.6.9 i found a form that said to do that not sure that is needed but it is how i was able to install the firmware.It is possible that my troubles were related to unzipping the firmware zip file in i think windows sends it to downloads so make sure you change it to go to arduino file that it uses as sketch pad i found the file in documents named arduino which i mentioned above i just am trying to make this as easy as i can to understand if i could post a link i would but i respect the rule. i felt the need to share because everything i see about firmware issues links and tells you where to get it not many mention the part about unzipping the firmware file to arduino file that arduino uses as its sketch pad file so hopefully this helps i spent most of the day looking and finally finding the information on the unzip part. So hope it helps a few and Happy printing.

Geof likes this.