1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Unable to setup Robo3D printer driver

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Lunchbox, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Lunchbox

Lunchbox New Member

Hey all, new Robo3D print owner but have been 3d printing for over 2 years now. I got the Robo3D R1 Plus the other day and was able to set it up on a temporary work space for initial setup and configuration. The software install on that PC went without issue. WIndows 10 Pro x64 machine.

I moved it to its permanent location and attempted to configure the device with the new machine and I'm getting constant failures. When installing the communication driver, I am receiving "InfInstaller.exe has stopped working". I saw previous posts and installed Arduino IDE and turned off driver signing. Still receiving error messages. Powered off, rebooted, and all the other basic stuff of course. This is Windows 8.1 32bit. Unfortunately I cannot upgrade this machine to Windows 10 yet, due to another dependency.

Thanks in advance.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Install arduino ide from arduino.cc and update the device driver to arduino mega 2560

3. Lunchbox

Lunchbox New Member

I did the first part, but how would I update the installed Arduino IDE to Mega 2560? That I did not do.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

#4 mark tomlinson, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

That will certainly help you make sure the correct drivers are installed.
    If the Arduijno GUI can see and communicate then so will the other software.

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

You update the device driver in the device manager