1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Uneven bed temps, is this normal

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Paul Arnold, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Paul Arnold

Paul Arnold Member

I am posting a picture of my bed, with temps in Celsius measured at 11 different points, with my bed temp setting at 60. Also green dots indicate where the 9 point self leveling takes place.

As you can see by the green dots, large prints hit the back of the bed where it seems to be the coolest. I've had a little problem with lifting, but still only playing with PLA, so not sure how bad it might be when I try out ABS.

So I guess the question is... is this normal, and should I overcompensate the temp settings so that the edges are closer to what I need?

bed.jpg

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

the robo stock heater isn't great. Large prints will warp(easier) on the colder sections. But yes it's normal lol. @WheresWaldo has a great thread on a heater upgrade under the mods section

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Two things at play here. First the white square has no basis in reality, the endstops dictate where the print area is. Second the stock heater only covers about 67% of the build area.

4. Paul Arnold

Paul Arnold Member

Thanks for the quick answers! I'm heading over to the mods forum!!