1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Uneven printing

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Atomh, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Atomh

Atomh New Member

I am having problems with the right front of the print bed always coming out mangled or blotchy. It's always in the same part of the print job no matter the size. The center is great but that right front is always a problem. Take a look at the pictures and see if anyone can diagnose.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi there a few things to check.

1. make sure your microswitches that support.the x axis are correct by doing a paper level.
    2.ensure the bed is seated correctly (there are magnets that hold it in place sometimes the.bed gets shifted

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Indeed. @Geof is right.
    Auto bed leveling will help, but not absolutely cure, an un-level bed. If it is too far out it will simply give you the best average it can.

Manually leveling (at a minimum the X axis) is required to get the best results.

Geof likes this.
  4. Atomh

Atomh New Member

Thanks for the reply!! This is my first 3d printer and I don't know how to do a paper level on this printer and youtube isn't helping. Can anyone walk me through the steps?

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

That may not solve it 100% in your case, since (to my eye) that looks like it may need some leveling on the Y axis.
    However the process is the same, but you adjust the Y by adding shims under the bed where the rail is held by the magnets.
    Paper shims (small bits of a paper sheet) work fine. (specifically in your case that one corner looks 'low' and might need a shim or two)

Do the X leveling and see if the autoleveling is good enough at that point or if you need to adjust the Y manually.

Geof likes this.
  7. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

After the x leveling (paper level) mine was good enough but i still shimmed it just because...well im just crazy like that lol. The less the autolevel has to compensate the better