1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Unlevel bed....

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Woodrow Collins, Mar 6, 2017.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

While what is in OctoPrint by default is messy, it is not bad*. Given that each instance of OctoPrint is tied at the hip to a specific printer it makes more sense to me for the custom stuff to be there. I use the same slicer for multiple printers and having to maintain many multiples of profiles** was a pain. This puts the printer specific stuff in one printer specific spot (regardless of slicer).

You could do it either way (just to be clear) so it really is whatever you prefer.

*I cleaned up mine a good bit
    ** printer specific and filament specific

2. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

Note that there's also a bit of change management in your collection of GCODE that might be on your USB drive or whatever.

1. I use the stock Cura settings in January to create GCODE which is now on my USB drive
    2. I decide to move OctoPrint's startup code over to Cura in February and do several successful prints from slicings done after this
    3. Much later, I want to print another part from January and I pull that from the USB... only to find that I should have sliced it again because I changed things up since that date; that GCODE is now missing the home command or something stupid.