1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Updated Bed temp table

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Lance Weston, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Lance Weston

Lance Weston Active Member

I use 4mm microporous glass beds. I found that there was a significant drop in temp across the glass using a thermal gun. I stepped through the the table I had made for the 3950 thermistor used in the R2 on both Bed and extruder. I then changed the table to reflect the actual surface temp of the glass. The resulting table seems to give me about 1C accuracy.

I take the glass and use thermal plaster on each corner to attach to bed. That way I maintain the flatness of the glass and have easy removal. Let the glass cool to room temp and the parts pop off.

I have posted elsewhere how to modify the code but will walk anybody through it.

I just went over the Bed with a thermal gun and it has a variance in temperature. @ 70C in the center it can go as low as 65C in other spots on the bed.

tables attached: 16h is for flexplate with glass bed, 15h is for glass plate attached directly to bed

This is my latest code for the R2 with three different Bed tables (14,15,16) in "Configuration.h" for no glass bed, glass bed and flexplate with glass Bed. It also has improved PID auto tuning, and a 36 point auto level for the bed which really improves leveling. I include the Arduino Compiler so that you can select you own table and compile it. You can load the resulting hex code with a USB drive.

This is for the Partsbuilt system board, I can do the original R2 board, but I would not recommend it on the R2 original because the Bed temps are significantly hotter to get the correct temp on the bed surface.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vFG9H3UpvV4kpvHsajJqZ9bNHkMtsEzQ/view?usp=sharing

Attached Files:

#1 Lance Weston, Aug 11, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
    LordPeq and mark tomlinson like this.