1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

V2 Bed Over 80C??

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by adikted2astro, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Lance Weston

Lance Weston Active Member

The Thermal fuse on the bottom of the bed may blow at 100C, Just short it out, you do not have to worry about the connectors. I run my 12" square bed up to 100C all the time when playing with PETG and ABS, it is a 240W bed. No fuse on it.

2. ozzy10

ozzy10 New Member

Ithink you need to upgrade to a newer version of the bed that is designed to handle higher temperatures. Robo 3D, the manufacturer of your printer, may have newer versions of the bed that can handle temperatures up to 110C. You can check with them for more information about the specifications of their newer beds.

Another solution is to design and build your own bed with a reliable heater that can achieve the high temperatures you need. This can be a more complex and time-consuming process, but it will give you more control over the specifications of the bed and heater. You can use a high-temperature heating element such as a ceramic heating element. This type of heating element can withstand high temperatures, and you could design a custom-made bed with a thermistor to control the temperature.

3. Lance Weston

I run the bed at 90C all of the time for PETG. The connectors have a tough time with this current through the bed. I had to solder the cable to the bed. you may have to short the thermal fuse on the bottom of the bed. I use the Partsbuilt.com system board but the original Robo board should work. The search function is terrible, but I posted corrected tables for every type of surface which will work to 100C accurately. You will have to search for them.

ozzy10 likes this.
  4. ozzy10

ozzy10 New Member

alright!

5. Lance Weston

The reason the connectors have a hard time: The original pogo pin design did not have the connectors connected to the bed and they only had temperature rise that depended on current. Robo then mounted the connectors to the bed. All connectors are rated for mx temp. When you start at 80C the current through the connectors raise the temp even more and they fail.

6. matthew2023

matthew2023 New Member

If the sensing thermistor is different from the stock thermistor, you probably will need to make a change in the firmware to account for the difference. Another member of this forum wrote up a posting detailing the thermistor issue.

#26 matthew2023, Aug 16, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
  7. Lance Weston

I have three R2's all of the thermistors bed and hotend were 3950's. If you search you can find all of the corrected tables that I supplied. The tables were good to better than 2C at the center of the bed for 50C to 100C. The variation across the bed can be 5C.