1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Vinyl decal on printbed = awesome

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Racegrafix, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Racegrafix

Racegrafix Active Member

Just wait till it cools and you can easily remove it.

It works really good on abs, you dont get the long life like pla though. Small abs parts are no prob but big ones...it sticks so hard you may tear vinyl or pull it off bed.

2. TheOneRaven

TheOneRaven New Member

Hey , why are you going with 205 for first layer? I have a cold basement room and I'm thinking that this might help me alot... right now I'm having massive troubles getting this stuff to stick. I'll try the vinyl, but in the meantime, would you mind explaining why you do this? Thanks - TOR

3. GenOnline

GenOnline New Member

very nice. I have a vinyl 3m sticker on my car for over a year and it is very durable. It was very easy to take off and it didn't leave any residue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Soupaboy

Soupaboy Active Member

how do i remove this stuff now. i got it cut to the printbed but it is so stuck down and i cant remove it.

5. AxisLab

AxisLab Well-Known Member

try slicing it in strips and heating it up. that's a problem with vinyl, depending on what is is used for it could be permanent or removable. I know the mactek line I was using started with an 'R'. The R meant removable. But trying to remove it in strips should help. But I think heat is your friend on this one. Either a hair dryer or low heat on the bed.

Side note I stopped using vinyl after like a week because my nozzle kept melting it. I've got it dialed in to go right on the bed now unless it is a narrow or small piece then the blue tape help keeps it from popping off.

6. Soupaboy

Soupaboy Active Member

yeah i will try that i just got 5 sheets of vinyl cut for my bed. i am loving it because i can see how good the brim is. like if i use a white vinyl i can see the blue filament.
    it is great for a VERY long print and if you dont want bottom layer warpage.

i used to use the bed directly but it was abit of a hassle. my extruder never melted it tho. i have been using the stuff for months.

7. warlocke

warlocke Active Member

Yeah, if you have a heated bed it's cake to remove. I just heat my bed to 60c and the stuff pulls right off, no muss, no fuss. If you don't have the heated bed a blow dryer/heat gun will work just as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.