1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved When the printer is trying to autolevel before print the Y axis doesnt move

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mclemens7, Jun 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

looks to me like you have a huge mess of wires you need to address but I'm guessing (guessing) that you have your y motor wire backwards.

elaborating because I hit send to soon:

Your y motor should be going home, something is wrong there as it keeps running itself like its backwards from what it should be. (that is not center it looks to be all the way against the middle plate)

The x axis is slamming into the x home switch (not good) and likely the cause of why its slamming into the other side (or you have something wierd going on in your firmware).

What firmware did you reload? Did you clear eeprom.

Which rev R1 do you have?

edit 2x: Your belt sounds extreemly loose like its skipping teeth.

2. mclemens7

mclemens7 Member

That's what I thought I then switched the wire for y around and it was going the opposite way than the end stop. I do have a skype appointment tomorrow maybe they can help

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I edited and added alot more, please re read the edit (sorry about that hit post reply to quick) and add in the answers please.

4. mclemens7

mclemens7 Member

I have not cleared the eeprom. How should I go by doing that. I have reuploaded firmware to the arduino many times without clearing anything. And I have put a belt tightener on the x axis belt so I'm sure it's not loose. And I'm using The latest firmware and have the r1+

5. mclemens7

mclemens7 Member

I have not cleared the eeprom. How should I go by doing that. I have reuploaded firmware to the arduino many times without clearing anything. And I have put a belt tightener on the x axis belt so I'm sure it's not loose. And I'm using The latest firmware and have the r1+

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Would you please copy and paste the firmware you are using here (something that sounds like a belt skipping teeth is skipping when X moves or at least it sounds like it) Maybe it is the Y moving but it doesn't appear like it (and shouldn't be when the x is traveling)

7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

==== EEPROM GCodes ====

M500 Store current settings in EEPROM for the next startup or M501.
    M501 Read all parameters from EEPROM. (Or, undo changes.)
    M502 Reset current settings to defaults, as set in Configurations.h. (Follow with M500 to reset the EEPROM too.)
    So after firmware is fixed you need the M502 and an M500 at some point for them to work.

Geof likes this.
  8. mclemens7

mclemens7 Member

Do you mean the whole code

9. mclemens7

mclemens7 Member

Ok so it works and what I did was I did m502 in the console. And then I just thought I plugged a wire in incorrectly when I put the old r1+ board in. So I took everything apart and put it back together and it works. So maybe I plugged a wire in incorrectly making the end stops not work properly

10. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

That would do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.