1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Windows 10 Driver

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Terry Taylor, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Terry Taylor

Terry Taylor New Member

Now that Windows 10 is out and the Windows store offers a 3d program, wonder what the chances are of a Robo 3D "supported" driver for Windows 10? I realize that M'Soft is in bed with #D systems, but one can hope.....

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Eh, the driver with the Arduino IDE still works fine.
    I made sure of that post-upgrade.
    I tested it with Pro and Home.

3. Terry Taylor

Terry Taylor New Member

Mark, You missed my point. Mattercontrol works just fine in Windows 10, BUT Windows 10 (and 8.1) have a Microsoft 3d application that requires specific drivers to print from it directly.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I sincerely doubt that Robo will be producing this.
    However, we could be surprised. A lot.

If it happens it will likely be because a generic one (or set) is developed.

Edit: other than minor tweaks to Marlin Robo does not seem to have a software focused development team.

5. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@Terry Taylor, have you actually tried to use MS's 3D software program? I will tell you if you haven't, DON'T BOTHER IT SUCKS! So do most of the Windows 10 specific 3D apps currently in the market. We will likely not see a pick up in adoption until there are generic drivers, just like in the printer space. Laser printers took off when there was a generic driver for PCL, because everyone built a PCL compatible printer. Same will likely be true in the 3D space once the consortium of HP, Microsoft, Autodesk & others come up with a standard other than STL for a file format. Still needs to be sliced into gcode unless they decide to build their own firmware too.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  6. Amir

Amir New Member

i have issue since i upgrade my windows to windows 10. It starts perfect at the beginning but after couple of rows, the temperature automatically increased and machine stop working. do i need to upgrade my Marlin since i modified my extruder ?

7. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Likely has nothing to do with Windows 10. If you changed thermistor you may have to edit the Marlin Configuration.h to match.