1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Wire came loose

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Nathanael Roberts, May 14, 2016.

1. Nathanael Roberts

Nathanael Roberts New Member

Hey guys, just picked up a brand new Robo 3D yesterday. It printed fine for a while. About 3 hours after I pulled it out of the box I heard a slight grinding noise and the print stopped. When I came upstairs I found a wire had worked itself loose from the printing mechanism.

I would like to post the pic, but I haven't made 3 posts yet so it's not letting me. There are 3 wires, a black and 2 red wires, that run in front of and into the extruder. One of the red wires popped out. I can see where the wire popped out of, so I could probably fix it myself (strip about 2 cm of insulation and feed the copper back into the hole), but i don't know if it's a good idea.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Post more so we can get a pic. There are some assembly videos on you tube and the getting started video on the robo site that might help as well.

3. Nathanael Roberts

Nathanael Roberts New Member

I did some searching for DIY stuff. I found a video last night before the wire came out, but lost it. My google-fu is bad. Watching some of the videos on the website now, might help.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Are you at the point you can.post your pictures @Nathanael Roberts ? Or did yiu get back up and running