1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered WIRES CROSSED?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by JuanPinto, Jan 19, 2016.

1. JuanPinto

JuanPinto New Member

Hi if Anyone can help me it would be GREAT.. I bought my first Robo this weekend and I got it clogged. I managed to take it apart but I think some of my wires got crossed. I can't figure out how to get them right. the fan is working but the thermostat is not. Not sure if the head is printing but I think that is correct. and the other fan is not working. I'm also not sure if I placed the stepper wires back in the correct spot. (rookie for not taking before pictures) does anyone know if the red wire goes towards the inside or outside on both? and the z axis one red in the front or towards the rear?

THANK YOU ALL

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I'm confused? Pictures would help

One of the fans is controlled by the ramps board. You need to enable it to work. The stepper motor wire only plugs in one way. What do you mean Z axis one?

Are you reading a thermistor temperature?

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

4. JuanPinto

JuanPinto New Member

Got it, I had all the four wires that lead to the thermistor,extruder, and fans all mixed up. After some plug and play i got them to work again. also I was talking about the endstops. I had them connected to the opposite pins. Left was on the right and right on the left.
    Thank you

5. JuanPinto

JuanPinto New Member

My thermistor temperature is reading high thought, it read in the 138 C when is room temperature,

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

That might be a bad connection or a bad thermistor. Sanity check the plugs/connections.