1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Wont turn on?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by eviltig, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eviltig

eviltig New Member

So I bought this robo3d off ebay, the seller said it worked but needed calibrating which sounded legit.
    I got the unit and it wont fully power on, the power supply gets a green light and the arduino board has a green light for a second and then it goes out.
    I tried with the usb plugged in and not, I tried another power cable and a different socket. I hit the little reset button and checked all the connection which all look good. still nothing.

Could the arduino board be bad?

This is a kickstart version not a r1 and it has been upgraded with the r1 style be ans rails.

Any help is most appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Sounds like it's working to me.

What does it show up as in the device manager?

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I would try connection with the Arduino programmer.
    If that will not connect then it is likely an Arduino failure or a PowerSupply failure.
    You would want to check the power from the supply and make sure it is working.

You could also unmount the RAMPS board from the Arduino and see if that makes a difference (i.e. can you connect with it off?).

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Well he said that the power supply light is on so it's probably not that. The green light on the arduino flashing on with the power is to be expected.

I haven't heard anything to indicate it's not working. Sounds like PEBKAC

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yes, you are correct. I rushed into troubleshooting when there may be no issue...
    @eviltig
    What OS are you using (we assumed windows)?
    What software are you connecting with (and trying to print with)?

6. eviltig

eviltig New Member

Hey i want to thank everyone for jumping in, you guys rock!
    I tinkered around with it and it started working, I still don't know what the issue was but I speculate some wires may have been mingling.

I ended up printing some supports for the upright guide and they turned out awesome.
    The only issue I need to look into is when I level the bed or send it home it continues to move down pulling the nuts on either side out of there place and down the threaded rod which throws everything off but other than that I am real happy with it :)
    thanks again guys

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.