1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partially Solved X Axis Driver not working Robo 3D Beta

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Alec, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Alec

Alec New Member

Hi, my x-axis motor is not working. I can feel it try to move, but it does not. I bought a second motor and had the same issue. I switched it with both the Z and Y axis, and in both cases the x axis moved fine, while the one I switched it to didn't. I therefore think that it's the hardware driver for the x axis, and I have tried both MatterControl and Repetier, both without success, and both software and firmware completley updated. My question is is it possible to get just the driver for the x axis? Thanks for the help. I have the Beta printer, though.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Alec and mark tomlinson like this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Alec likes this.
  4. Stephen Capistron

Stephen Capistron Active Member

I have a thread on here where it happened to my Z. It is not as hard to tune the driver as you would think. Try tuning it and if that doesn't work submit a replacement part claim or buy a set of replacements.

I wound up buying a whole extra arduino and ramps board because why not.

Alec and mark tomlinson like this.
  5. Stephen Capistron

Stephen Capistron Active Member

Oh and everything is mounted upside down in the robo so I wound up unscrewing the arduino et al and kind of let it hang out next to the printer. Made the whole process a lot easier.

One of these days I'd like to relocate the electronics to their own case, but I doubt I ever get there.