1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered x axis shift problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by felipe fomez, Jul 18, 2017.

1. felipe fomez

felipe fomez Member

if tightening and loosening the x belt for x axis shifting what else can be the problem? also tightened the bearing where the belt is and checked for loose screws around the rods and x carriage. the calibration cube comes out ok but when i print anything longer (axis wise) i get uneven layers

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Do you have a picture of your defect? A layer shift is typically a loose component. (set screw on the timing pulleys the belt rides on, belt tension, even simple things can happen like just needing to lube the bearings and rods)

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. felipe fomez

felipe fomez Member

not sure what happened but installed the marlin file and eveything is printing leveled again. i took it apart , tightened eveything from the x carriage, restalled the robo 3d file. but nothing changed till i installed the marlin file. goddamn mystery. by anychanc anyone know what might have happened?

4. felipe fomez

felipe fomez Member

nevermind, screamed victory too soon. so tightening the belt, tearing the printer down, reinstalling the firmwre didnt work. am i missing somethng?

Attached Files:

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Felipe,
    I've responded to your PM with mechanical items to check :D