1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

X-Home has moved to the right?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by William, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. William

William New Member

My X home has moved all the way to the right. Any ideas what would cause this? Thanks.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Your stepper could be plugged in backwards if it's moving the wrong direction. Just unplug the x stepper and reverse it

3. William

William New Member

I haven't changed anything regarding that. I think it's just not resetting or . If I power down the printer and move it over manually, everything is corrected. But it'd be nice not to have to do that.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You could add some custom GCode to home it first before a print starts. I always home it after turning it on, but that would work as well.

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I'm kinda confused by what happens. When you try and home your axis it moves in the wrong direction?

6. William

William New Member

I should back up. I believe my firmware is not completely good. I updated it when I added an LCD Controller. I can't cycle through the options. If I push the button, everything stops. After a print, when I try and print again, the controller says that the extruder is at x=0 when it is not and then tries to move too far to the right. If I turn the printer off and slide it over to the left (the real x=0) manually then everything goes OK.

7. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Are you using the 3-14 firmware? Try reflashing. If that doesn't work you might have a faulty arduino.

8. William

William New Member

No. I was using 2/14. I'll try that. Thanks! Didn't know it had been updated again.

9. William

William New Member

I'm looking at a the configuration.h. I have a Full Graphics Smart Controller. Should the following be commented or not:
    // #define NEWPANEL //enable this if you have a click-encoder panel

The following is correct, correct?
    // #define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER //robo

#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER

10. William

William New Member

I updated the firmware, but still having issues. I assume the above is correct. I don't know if this is just an issue with the Full Graphics Smart Contoller or not. But please try this simple test:

With the printer, off slide the x to 0 position. Turn on the printer. In Repetier hit the Home button - all is good. Move X over manually to the right, move it more to the right, you can go back to the left. But if I hit all home of X home it will not move any more to the left and the LCD display changes the x value to 0. The only way to get it back in the correct home position is to turn the printer off and slide it over. It must be a firmware issue. Anyone? Thanks.

11. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

It could be an open circuit in your switch if it doesn't move at all when you home. An open circuit is the same as the switch hitting it.

12. William

William New Member

I don't quite understand. I can move it left until I hit home. Wouldn't that mean it's software?

13. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Can we chat on skype? It'll make this easier. My names in my profile

What happens when you hit home?

14. William

William New Member

I haven't used it in years, so yes, but it will take a little while. Everything homes except the X, it stays where it is and the LCD changes to X=0. If you have an LCD, please see if does the same for you.

15. Red Submarine

Red Submarine Active Member

My LCD screen gives me no errors, but I don't have the full graphics one, just the cheaper $40 reprapdiscount one with the SD card reader. I haven't touched the firmware though. This is the first I've heard of something like this in all my readings, so I will venture that it is unique to either your firmware or hardware.

16. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

If the x stays where it is when you home it, it's almost certainly the switch.

17. William

William New Member

OK. I moved it right and then held my finger in place to activate the switch while moving it left and the switch didn't work. Once again, you are correct. Thanks!! I guess they can send me a new one?

While you're listening, another question: I had to change my Max X to 216, 217 was the last stop before bumping into the other side. Why would I have to do that? Thanks again!

18. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Follow the wire from the x switch to the ramps board. Probably a loose connection.

19. William

William New Member

Is there a schematic somewhere for the Robo's connections? What did you think about my X max issue? Thanks.

20. William

William New Member

Found the video, that should work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.