1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved X limit switch not working right

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Nathan Elverud, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan Elverud

Nathan Elverud New Member

I just finished replacing my x carriage for a cable chain mod and now my x axis is screwed up. When I try G28 X, it moves a tiny bit and then it thinks it's correctly homed. If I take out the pins from the limit switch and touch them it is as if the x carraig is touching the switch, then it will go towards the switch as if it were homing correctly.

I'm not sure how to explain this very well, but I believe it is reversed so normally it think's it's homed as soon as it hits the limit switch, but right now it's opposite so it thinks it is homed when it is open. I had my father hold it down and it moved towards it like it should normally as if my father weren't there and as soon as he let go, it though it was correctly homed.

I need to reverse it in the firmware and I don't know what file or line or even what the line would look like.

#1 Nathan Elverud, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Share a photo of how you have that switch connected ? If you did no firmware change, all mechanical, please do not adjust the firmware

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. Nathan Elverud

Nathan Elverud New Member

Thank you for the reply. I had the switch connected exactly how it was by default. I fixed it by finding the right line in the firmware and now it works perfectly.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It sounds like the switch was miswired by default :)
    You should have switched it to the correct poles, but whatever works for you.

Geof likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.