1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

XXL Display Question

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by cdsl810, Feb 16, 2016.

1. cdsl810

cdsl810 Member

Is there a way to show the time remaining on the XXL at the bottom instead of the last status report. Mine just shows "endstops hit: Z" during the entire print, as this was the last thing the display reported. I have seen many pictures posted that show the time remaining in hours and minutes.

Thanks!

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

It is designed for messages and anything you put in an M117 command in your gcode. Some slicers allow you to post-process the gcode to add frequent M117 commands that will print status like updates.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

And 'time remaining' is a S.W.A.G. anyway :)

4. cdsl810

cdsl810 Member

Agreed, Mark! I just decided to infuse my sense of humor with the machine. I have the message "Look Mom...no hands!" display after the print begins now. It's fitting for printing directly from the SD card. It's much more fun to look at for hours at a time.

5. cdsl810

cdsl810 Member

Is there any way to change the information that is displayed on the INFO screen by modifying the configuration file? I'm just curious as to how limited or how creative I can get with the XXL.

6. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Without rewriting actual source code, the answer is no you can't deviate from the display as presented.