1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Y-Axis , and Z-axis calibrating sensors are not functioning .

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Robots in Disguise, May 8, 2015.

1. Robots in Disguise

The stop sensors for my z-axis and y-axis are not functioning properly. The nozzle crashes into the deck and the two sensors go flying down into the bottom of the screw jacks and continue to spin with a violent screaching noise until it finally stops. When i enter a g28 code and it tries to home that way the extruder and z axis bars fly up to the top of the robo 3d printer and try to smash through the top of the unit . it then begins to squeal like a pig until it finally stops. Then it doesnt want to come back down because theres so much pressure on the top of the unit it is wedged against that i have to manually crank them down by hand until the motors can gain enough torque to move it .When i calibrated the self leveling tool the printer calibrated itself and then when it finally went into printing the z axis kicked in and it tried to print it 5 inches in the air ... AKA Nightmare .

I press the home button and the x-axis tunes itself in perfect . so i think . tapping the sensor and then sitting in place. then the y axis bumps itself forwards 10 mm and the z axis spins itself up 10 mm as well . there is no sensor problem as i took out each one and tested thier functionality with a small current tester . the x axis works but the two z axis sensors are not and also the y axis sensor does not as well .

2. Robots in Disguise

if i repeatedly press the home button once after another the x axis calibrates and the y and z axis step positive 10mm each time i click the ALL button or home . whether i press all or g 28 different things happen . this is such a bad experience im having with these printers . this is my second one and its been a month since ive paid for one . still have yet to be able to print anything at all

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

4. Robots in Disguise

yes i did that and they called an hour late so i missed it . i will try again on monday but this is crazy . this is the most expensive tool ive ever bought and the company has been no help at all . the second printer they sent me was worse off then the first with a broken y axis mount and one of the sensors working properly .

5. Robots in Disguise

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

7. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

MatterControl, for some reason, send G28 X0 Y0 Z0 for the home all command. This is why if you do that it'll home Z and X and Y at 0, which is not ideal.

During a print it sends G28, which homes X and Y, then moves them to the middle for when it homes Z. This is preferred.

Did you happen to update the firmwares or anything like that?

8. Robots in Disguise

Ive gotten passed the homing problems . But it seems that the software is shyte . I will most likely be upgrading that part .