1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Y axis (bed) is not moving.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by nierro, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Stephen Capistron

Stephen Capistron Active Member

MC is like the tax man. He may not get you today. And he may not get you tomorrow. But he always gets his man, or woman.

nierro likes this.
  2. nierro

nierro Member

Arg, so the bed problem came back. I've just installed the e3d v6 and I was printing the fan holders for it. And everything seemed fine until I heard long squealing noise then the Y Axis stopped moving While the x was still moving doing its own thing. the manual control for it didn't work. I was just morbid. 5 mins later I came back and the Y Axis started to move when I used the manual control. Anyone know why this is happening?

3. Fart_Plume

Fart_Plume Member

Manual control will not work while a program is running (part). It sounds to me like you have something loose under the bed hanging the y axis up.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

As long as you are happy with, use it.
    If you start bumping into the edges of what it can do then upgrade to something else.

5. nierro

nierro Member

Well program was stopped once I saw that y axis wasn't moving. I checked the wiring and everything seemed okay. Between when it wasnot working and When it started to work, I didn't touch a thing on the printer. So I really don't have any idea why it's doing that

6. Fart_Plume

Fart_Plume Member

Stopped or paused? It does make difference on CNC machines. A Pause will not unlock the controls for manual use, whereas an aborted/ program stop will.I'm not trying to be aggravating. CNC machines are just picky like that.
    Squealing or chattering in my experience is something blocking the axis from moving.

7. PickyBiker

PickyBiker Active Member

you could tweak up the power on the y-axis stepper driver.

nierro likes this.
  8. nierro

nierro Member

Actually I had to dial It down. Now it works.

PickyBiker likes this.