1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Y Axis Center Point off by Approx 1 Inch Robo 3D R1+

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by paulishuku, Jan 1, 2016.

1. paulishuku

paulishuku New Member

Hey Everyone,

Having a bit of a weird problem. Its not affecting the quality of my printing but i am unable to print larger objects that would take up the entire bed length.

The problem im having is that once I home all the axis points my Y Axis starts in the wrong position. It has been doing this out of the box. Z and X axis points are perfectly centered. The Y axis is off by approx one inch. The fix i have for this right now is just moving my designs closer to the front. With larger designs it will print the design outside of the heated portion of the bed and they popup instantly.

Has anyone seen this before with the R1+ and what steps can i take to correct this?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

How are you determining what is the exact center?
    Did you move it full X, Full Y and then divide by 2?

The graphics on the bed are meaningless. A decoration. They DO NOT indicate the printable area. Silly, but true.

3. paulishuku

paulishuku New Member

Yeah i did read the part of the graphics not being exactly centered, however, the y axis is moving outside of the heated portion underneath the glass opposite of the zero limit switch.

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@paulishuku The build area is approximately 9.4 inches square the heater is 8.2 inches square, so part of it will always be outside the heated area. Other than PLA which requires minimal or no heating, I haven't found a filament I can use that can use the entire bed area without warping. It is just the nature of Robo's parts selection, You could always replace the bed heating element if it means that much to you.

5. paulishuku

paulishuku New Member

Ahh. Ok. That makes sense then. I was unaware of that. Thank you for your response.