1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Y axis movement

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Crypto3d, Oct 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crypto3d

Crypto3d New Member

Hi,

I have an R1 that I recently purchased secondhand and refurbished myself. After replacing some damaged parts I'm getting some decent prints considering how beat up it was. But when the printer goes through it's bed leveling process the y-axis will move toward the front of the printer until it hits the limit switch. When the Y-axis goes to the back of the printer it will stop and make a grinding noise for probably a quarter second. It's as if the printer thinks it has more room to move than it actually has. Anyone else have this problem? Any idea what I can do to fix it? In Matter control it has my bed size as 228 254 print center 114 127 build height 200.

Thanks!

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The front/back are relative.
    The limit switch for the Y axis home is at the "front" the back travel is all calculated. Something is likely blocking the travel (a wire bundle is the usual suspect). Alternatively you have told the slicer that the Y axis is larger than it really is :)

These are really close:
    x:228mm
    y:254mm
    z:200mm

Geof likes this.
  3. Crypto3d

Crypto3d New Member

Good call! The cable that goes to the heated bed was in the way. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

and that cable is the second suspect :)
    Good work.

Geof likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.