1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Y-axis Problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by IsirEnder, Sep 21, 2015.

1. IsirEnder

IsirEnder New Member

Just recently started having problems with my Y-axis on my Robo 3D Kickstarter version. A month ago, while changing my spool of filament, the filament came off the holder and landed on the printer bed and cracked the very front of it. I patched it up using tape and krazy glue and is holding together pretty well, but since then when going to the Y-axis home, the stopper doesn't stop the plate, so it tries to keep going back, and makes rumbling sounds for a few seconds until it gives up and assumes it has reached the stopper. That was an irritating problem, but I couldn't fix it, so I've just let it do it's thing since it still printed well. A few days I accidentally tapped the plate and it broke in another spot, so I glued it back together, and the y-axis stopper worked again, which was really strange. Since then, I have printed 2 things, but after having ended a print early due to misaligned layers, my y-axis seems to be getting caught on something, or something is preventing it to go forward. I have included a youtube video of the problem. You can see that at one point it "jumps" over something (at 27 seconds), and at another, it gets completely stuck and can't go forward (at 12 seconds). Not sure if I should take the plate off the tracks since I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it back on due to the breaking of the plate where the two front side screws connect to the Y-axis track. . I also have been having problems with shifting layers of prints, especially with prints requiring supports, and problems with the top layer/s looking like piles of melted plastic.. Will include an album of the print ans the settings I had on when printing the object. http://imgur.com/a/dZKza

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

are you able to move the bed smoothly by hand?

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Shifting layers are often a loose drive component. A belt, a drive cog, something like that.
    You might have multiple issues. You can only sort them one-by-one.

4. IsirEnder

IsirEnder New Member

I can move the bed manually over the first small bump, but can't manually pull it past the last part--where it gets stuck when I do it using manual controls.

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Might be a bad drawer slide. Probably time to pull the glass off and figure out what's going on underneath