1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Y axis slip

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mark tomlinson, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Das Wookie

Das Wookie Active Member

No I'm sayin I dunno yet. Haven't tried... but Mineral spirits is what I run in my parts washer, not acetone.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

I had a problem with the Y axis belt losing tension and causing lots of slop on the Y axis moves. The belt suddenly lost tension (and I am not sure why? Possibly the heat from the bed has cooked it?)

I checked the assembly videos but as far as I can see there is no video covering how to install and tension the Y axis belt. I can see it is pretty obvious what needs to be done to tension the belt but there is no explanation of how tight the belt should be.

Can I get some advice here on the procedure to correctly tension the Y axis belt please.

I also want to get some spare belt. I assume it is GT2 but would like that to be confirmed please.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

Does anyone know how to properly tension the Y axis belt?

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Make a mark on the belt where the two end flaps meet so you know your starting point. Remove one of the screws holding the y belt tensioner in place, you can remove 2 as well but it's not necessary. Remove the belt from the holder, adjust it tighter a few notches noting your previous mark. Reinsert.

Might take some tension to get the screw back in. But not so much the bed bows or anything like that.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks for responding. Process is easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.