1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Y axis, Tried everything

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Krumzek, May 23, 2015.

1. Krumzek

Krumzek New Member

Ok I`m pulling my hair out, my y axis has started shifting mid print and it`s getting worse and worse to the point it shifts 5mm on the first layer the more i try the worse it gets and you can hear the belt jumping, grub screws are tight, i`ve tried the belt at every possible tension and the rails are well greased, all the problems i`ve had with this thing I`m thinking it is a complete waste of £700, can anyone please help me find an answer to this?

2. Krumzek

Krumzek New Member

so i`ve removed the carrier for the plate and one of the four bearings that run up the shafts is sticking occasionally and it does take reasonable force to move it, can these be replaced or serviced?

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Sort of both.
    You can replace them (linear bearings) or try lubricating them.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

My opinion is that if it is sticking that badly you want to (ultimately) replace it anyway.
    You might get away with lube in the interim.

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Put some machine oil on the bearings and move the bed back and forth until it's smooth.

If that doesn't work submit a replacement part request for new bearings.

The belt being too tight can also cause binding.

6. Krumzek

Krumzek New Member

ok i have this sorted, they are sending me new bearings and a new rod, i have also cracked the plastic on the end carrier while removing it and they are sending me a new one of them aswell to the uk, i have to say this is the best customer support i have encountered, a very big thank you to the team.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  7. jbigler1986

jbigler1986 Active Member

It may be the fan on the ramps board is unplugged or broke. I have really bad y shift at about 2 inches high on parts because that when the ramps would finally overheat and cause a missed step. Check the ramps fan and it was unplugged. Since then I have yet to have another shift. Just check that while you are at it.