1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Z-Axis Fun -- Problem Out Of Box

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by P.L.A.STIC-Fantastic, Feb 28, 2016.

1. P.L.A.STIC-Fantastic

Alright.

When it arrived right out of the box, brass nuts for the Z-axis drive were disengaged, the auto-level was hanging off of both sides and the entire extruder/z-axis assembly was cocked. Stuff happens during shipping, I get that.

I took it apart and made it look like my other Robos, however my Z-axis is still slightly tilted to favor the right side.. Meaning I can start with the nozzle touching the bed and by the time it hits the center it is a mm above the bed and higher at the extreme end. I've tried adjusting it by hand (positioning the brass-nuts) but it seems to want to revert to this state.

When I print it prints ok, it seems the autolevel compensates for that, I'm tempted to not worry about it... but I have another issue. Mainly I have to run an enormous negative Z-axis offset to get the first layer to stick. After it autolevels it tends to air-print 2-3mm off the bed. I can cheat it by setting S3D with the appropriate offset.

This I would like to fix the right way. Maybe it's all related and we can clear it up in one go.

2. janot928

janot928 Active Member

maybe a few pictures could help understanding the reasons behind all this

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

With the printer off hold one threaded rod and turn the other to level it.
    If it does not stay that way after auto leveling then one of he Z axis switches is mispositioned a small amount.

Geof likes this.
  4. david pomerleau

david pomerleau New Member

Hi I did Mark did but used Business cards to assist in leveling. hope that helps :)