1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Z-Axis trouble

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Dan, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan

Dan Guest

Hi guys,

I finally had a chance to unbox my printer (got it a week or so ago) and I've run three prints so far with varying failures each time. But the one problem that worries me is the Z-axis is becoming unlevel.

WHAT I'M DOING

I level the Z-axis my moving the X-axis to both extremes and making sure the distance between the bed and the hot end is the same on both side. Then I do a +100 Z-axis, followed by a -100 Z-axis. I then push the X-axis to both extremes and the distance between the bed and the hot end is different on both sides.

WHAT I NEED HELP WITH

Has anyone run into this problem before? Are there adjustments I can make to ensure the Z-axis is always level?

Thanks!

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Did you adjust your end stop screw?

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Check the Z axis rods where they are bolted in. Once of the connecting rigs was broken on mine. The Z rod would spin free with a little effort. Mind you, the allen screws were tight as could be, the rod had just broken free. A little SuperGlue and it has been fine ever since. Before I found that however, I could not reliably get the Z to stay set and home correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.