1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Z now must be set to 0 and not 1.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by robert sanchez, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robert sanchez

robert sanchez Active Member

Robo3d-r1, newest version as of October 10,2014
    So after printing about 7 parts and about 30 hrs total my first layer has been drifting away from the surface. So much so that when I came back on my 8th build I had a giant ball of plastic. Now every time I heat up PLA oozes out of random places where it got shoved into, but I digress. After much scratching of the head I settled on changing the z offset to zero and it's back to normal. Using matter control and matter slice.

So here's the question, why the drift. Is it because everything is plastic and the heated environment allowed everything to creep slightly?

Also why doesn't auto level handle it if it has crept?

I've only been running PLA at 210 and bed at 55.

I also just fired up simplify3d afterward and it does not have this issue?

Thanks in advance.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Well that is a puzzle. It must be something specific to the software you were using. Was it matter control? Were you using its bed leveling routine or the one in the Robo Firmware (i.e. did you add custom startup GCode for it)?

3. robert sanchez

I was using matter control with its default auto leveling . It was working fine with matter slicer then I switched cura, and it got worse from there.

When it came to simplify3d I copied the gcode from matter control for the start and end. I think simplify3d may be set to 0 offset by default. I need to find it.

2 people like this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Ping their support folks if you can't find what you are looking for, they get back fairly quick (well, Mon-Fri at least).

5. robert sanchez

I'll email matter control tomorrow. It's still kind of odd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.