1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Z Offset, bend bed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Radek, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Radek

Radek New Member

Hello,
    I have a problem as you can see on the test spiral. Zoffset is too big in one place, too small in the other. The same happens with printouts. What may be the problem? I tried with different zoffset values, I turned the bed, checked and cleaned the magnets and screws.
    I apologize for English, I am using the google translator.

Attached Files:

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Looks like you need to shim under the post where the low side is. Once the bed is manually level you can (if you want) remove the G29 from the start up script in your slicer and octoprint and will be good to go.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. Radek

Radek New Member

Maybe I should buy a new bed?

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

no, should shim under the post on the side that is low :D. If you buy a new bed you'll likely have to do the same to get perfectly level. The C2 does not have adjusters for the small variances so we have to "add something" under the post the magnetic bed sits on. Its quite easy to do and wont void your warranty.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

On the C2 I suggested in another thread to use tape as the shim stock. whatever flavor of tape you like :) Gives you a fine control over it and gets the job done.

Geof likes this.