1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

messed up glass bed

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Sean Carson, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Sean Carson

Sean Carson Member

Two magnets came off my glass bed (again) so I changed adhesive this time to gorilla glue epoxy. It is not letting go now, but one of the magnets was just a little off and now won't sit in the hole in that corner. Great, I made it worse.

Is there any way to pop it off the glass and try again? If not, where can I get another glass bed? The replacement parts section shows it's sold out. Is there an alternative upgraded bed avaliable, maybe with a larger heater?

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Acetone should release the glue

3. Sean Carson

Sean Carson Member

I've already tried that. It dissolved the old superglue and the paint on the glass, but the epoxy seems to be too strong for it.

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Heat gun, most expoxies will soften with heat usually between 250° to 400° except for JBWeld which is much higher. Once it is hot enough you should be able to pop it off with a couple of raps with a putty knife / scrapper.

Geof likes this.
  5. Robert55

Robert55 Member

.25in x 10in x 15in mirror. Last one cost me $15. If it doesn't look like a funhouse mirror, it's flat... Lol ;)

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

#5 Robert55, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    mark tomlinson likes this.