1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Help broken infill???

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Kirk, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Kirk

Kirk Member

my test print came out pretty good at1800mm/min and 150% and now I was trying to up it to 2700mm/min and have gone all the way up to 210 and everywhere from 150% to 200% at 5 degree increments and nothing has come out to great, still at least 10-20% broken.

I have also noticed that it seems like the software compensates for the over extrusion. the gaps in the infill get wider as the extrusion is upped.
    Guess i will try 2250mm/min next to see if i can get a little more speed out of it?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Depends on the software. I use Simplify3D and can show you there. In repetier host it is configuration, then the speed tab -- bottom panel has the acceleration numbers. I don't use the others so can't tell you where to set it in them.

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

If you want speed and flow look at the E3D + Volcano adapter.
    That is a win.

4. Kirk

Kirk Member

I have been thinking about upgrading to the e3d 6 but I haven't heard about the volcano adapter?

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Only way to half the time is double the layer height. Speed rate has very little affect on print times (maybe 5% for every 30mm/s). Unless you're printing a lot of very long straight sections so it spends most of it's time at top speed. Short objects (100mm or less) won't really spend much time at top speed.

As mentioned Acceleration and Jerk settings have a much bigger impact on print time.

Above all, print time is worthless if the print comes out bad.

I still think you should try like 220-230 for temperature

7. Kirk

Kirk Member

Mike I looked for the acceleration option last night but couldn't find it... Do you remember what tab its under and what it's called? ...I will try the 220-230 range as well but that seems more like an abs setting than a pla. I also still am using the factory print head with the Teflon tube in it... I don't have the haxagon hotend.

8. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

It's not a setting in slicer software. You can adjust it with either G-code or firmware. I suggest flashing the latest firmware from here: help.robo3dprinter.com/Wiki/RoBo_3D_Firmware

There's not really such a thing as "ABS or PLA" temperatures. Temperature is largely due to filament and nozzle conditions. If your nozzle has a partial clog you'll need to run hotter, etc.

2 people like this.
  9. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

I've still got volcanoes. I like the concept and will continue to stock them.

Also, regarding acceleration, I haven't used slic3r in a while, but it used to have some acceleration options. If you try it, be careful. I was buggy on the last rev I used. Probably best to leave it in firmware or use the LCD.

2 people like this.
  10. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Slic3r has acceleration settings. I just saw them :)

11. Kirk

Kirk Member

thanks guys. I did get the infill to come out pretty good at 2300mm\min with the temp at 215 and extrusion @ 185% so I tried the block with 3 solid bottom and3 solid top layers and it seemed to hot for the top layers, even tried it with 5 top layers and couldn't get it sealed up?

12. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

You can adjust temp by layer in Simplify (so you could drop it for the higher ones).
    Not sure how flexible all of the others are.

13. Kirk

Kirk Member

Would I have to add another profile to do that or is there a setting (looked and couldn't find one) all I could find was a speed reduction setting for solid layers.?

14. Kirk

Kirk Member

Ok never mind.... I know how to do.... I've been doing it the whole time for the first and second layer on the heat bed....

15. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

:)
    Glad you got it sorted. You COULD do it with multiple profiles if you get complicated enough.

16. Kirk

Kirk Member

I'm actually working on bridge setting right now and have in gym issues with that.... So I am actually trying dropping the temp from 215 to 195 for the 2 bridge layers and than back up to 215 after that? ... But the fact that it prints the outside parameters first keeps messing it up the nozzle keeps getting stuck on that and bunching up?

17. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

If the nozzle is hitting a layer it already put down then something is not quite correct with the layer height. Perhaps the offset? Layer thickness settings? Not sure.

18. Kirk

Kirk Member

I think it has something to do with the fact that the two outside parameters are printer with what looks like normal settings( so it doesn't actually bridge and leaves a clump at the edge) and then the bridge is printed at its setting.....this is making it difficult to figure out settings