1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Full Graphics LCD Controller - Percent Complete Mod

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Ziggy, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Justin Riera

Justin Riera Member

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

That is the best you can do. If the printer (the arduino) consumed all of the gcode. and compiled it down somehow then sure, a time remaining would be doable (but still a guess). It could 'learn' how to get more accurate over time :)

3. Johanes

Johanes New Member

Hello! Please post me this mods (Full Graphics Display including the calculation of estimated time to complete, status of homing endstops and length of filament used). THX Johanes

4. Fart_Plume

Fart_Plume Member

I'm trying to install a smart controller like this I've installed the U8glib library, but I keep getting a compile error.
    sketch\dogm_lcd_implementation.h:38:0
    from \sketch\ultralcd.cpp:36:
    \sketch\dogm_font_data_marlin.h:171:25: fatal error: utility/u8g.h: No such file or directory
    #include <utility/u8g.h>
    compilation terminated
    Using library U8glib at version 1.18 in folder: C:\Users\William\Documents\Arduino\libraries\U8glib
    exit status 1
    Error compiling.

This is giving me a hneadache. I seriously need some help with this.

5. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Did you install it from within the Arduino IDE. Sketch >> Include Library >> Manage Libraries >> U8glib >> Install? Lastly does it appear in Sketch >> Include Library >> Contributed Libraries?

6. Fart_Plume

Fart_Plume Member

I've done all that, but I'm still getting compile errors.

7. Fart_Plume

Fart_Plume Member

Yes to all.

8. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I went through this the last time I installed an LCD controller. One of the machines I have needs U8gLib and the other does not (not a full graphics LCD).

Make sure you ONLY have the one LCD configured in CONFIGURATION.H if you have multiples it will be a conflict and thanks to Marlin it will be over this one header :).

Given that I now have the DLP running marlin I keep all of my configuration.h files in separate folders named for the printers... then I merge them over when I need to load some changes.

9. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

While researching Marlin 1.1.0, I originally had Ziggy's code included. Problem is that it made the firmware version a one off. Ziggy has not updated his code to support the current development effort and I don't want to own it either. It is of limited value, since it only dealt with the case of a USB connected printer. If you have a smart controller you really should create a personal "best practice" and print from the supplied SD Card reader, which already graphs the progress. So I dumped all his code and worked on getting the Configuration.h correct for the Robo.

James Harry likes this.