1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

After installing my E3d V6 I keep having issues, help

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Pandariot779, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Pandariot779

Pandariot779 Member

after i installed my e3dv6 and flashed the firm ware my printer would not run PID auto tune correctly.

i see when i run M303 E0 S210 C8 it will do a M105 but then disconnect from the printer.

I am stump to what is going on

I changed thermisters and still get the issue

When i do a test calibration print, the hot end's temperature will dramatically drop mid print and a cold extrustion prevented message would pop up.

I think it has to with the firm ware but i am not sure what to change.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

No. It is not the firmware. It is probably the fact that the E3D v6 uses a 25 watt heater core.
    You should swap that for a 40 watt core. I have no idea why they chose that... even the haxagon uses a 30 watt core (and I would still swap that for the 40 watt one).

Buy yourself a 40 watt core and replace it.

https://www.amazon.com/Signswise-Reprap-Ceramic-Cartridge-Printer/dp/B00YRH4TYK

Just an example they have them all over the place cheap, buy from whomever you like.

With the parts cooling fan often blowing on the nozzle the 25 watt unit can't keep up. If you have a fan duct it will help, but even then sometimes it needs the extra wattage.

3. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

And as Mark hinted at, you can use the Robo Hex stock heater core for now to give yourself a bit more while you wait on getting a 40 watt. Funny how those things come in packs of 3 and 5 and yet no one has any extras left to share. That's because really everyone can benefit from the insurance and performance of the 40 watt core. I should grab another 5 pack. I think I see that many folks needing one in a matter of a couple weeks here.

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.