1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Autoleveling configuration wizard not working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Zegpi, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

From what it looks like to me your switches are done in series already. You'd need to follow the wires with more detail to know for sure, but from the responses you've described and the wiring as I've seen it, it sure looks like series.

Can you message me your name and order number? I want to see if they can determine why you got this wiring.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Ok so you're absolutely 100% positive no one touched your wiring? Did your printer go through someone else first? No one would care if you did, but we're just having trouble understanding how this could have happened

3. Zegpi

Zegpi Member

I'm certain, I've had no reason to touch the wiring, as a matter of fact I did not have any troubles until now.

In hindsight the only thing that could have caused this is that I updated the firmware through Matter Control before I satrted to have troubles, I forgot to mention that.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Do the 3rd legs on the switches show solder excess like someone did solder to it and then changed it's mind?

5. Zegpi

Zegpi Member

Yes, but only on the left switch, the one that's marked 1, 3, 2 instead of NC, NO, C.

The leg marked 2 has some solder in it, roughly half of what the other ones have.

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

This is really bizarre. I have one side telling me that basically there was no way this could happen, and another telling me it came like this direct from the people who say it couldn't happen.

Not sure who to believe. At least we got you sorted out.

7. Zegpi

Zegpi Member

Yhea, that's all I care about too, thank you very much for all your help.

One last question, should I stop updating firmware altogether?
    Are the firmware updates really important?

Thanks again.

8. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Not really, there hasn't been a major change in the firmware since 6_10 and even then it's only slightly different from the may revision.

If you follow my auto leveling thread I upload versions of the stock firmware but with the z_min_endstop_inverting set to false. This works for both series auto level, like you and I have, as well as older beta models with a single screw driven switch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.