1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Autoleveling configuration wizard not working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Zegpi, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zegpi

Zegpi Member

Hi:

I recently installed my robo3d R1 PLA+ABS and started the paper sheet calibration for the autoleveling, the wizard goes fine for the first 6 steps but then it gets stuck (see screenshot). I tried updating MatterControl and the printer's firmware, but that didn't help.

Has anyone encontered this problem before?

[​IMG]

2. Jenbob

Jenbob New Member

I also have this problem...was just about to post:

I've just updated the firmware on the Robo3d to the latest version and I've updated Matter Control, but the calibration routine that it gets you to go through where you have a piece of paper under the print head in 3 different spots is giving me trouble. As a result I'm unable to print anything.

The first two run ok, but then it moves the print head to the back left corner (if you're looking at it from the front) and then stops. The window for the print levelling wizard says 'Collecting Data' and 'Getting the third point.' I don't have an option to go 'back' or 'next' just to 'cancel'.

Any ideas what's going on please? I'm getting very frustrated that I've not been able to print anything more than a fairly wonky test cube.

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Try uninstalling matter control and deleting the folder from Local then reinstall.

4. Zegpi

Zegpi Member

I came to post that I just did that and it made things worse, now when I try to print something it automatically opens the calibration dialogue and won't let me print until the calibration is completed, since it can't get completed because it gets stuck I cannot print at all. :(

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Do you have a different computer? You can always use repetier host if you can't get matter control working on your computer.

6. Zegpi

Zegpi Member

I'll try my laptop, will post results in a few minutes.

Edit: I just tried connecting the printer to my laptop and got the same result, Configuration wizard gets stuck at the same point shown in my first post, if I try to print anything, it automatically opens the configuration wizard and gets me stuck again..

I also noticed that when the wizard starts it shows that the configuration is only 6 steps long (see screenshot) when it should be 9 (3 levels per point) and the first header says position 2 instead of position 1, which seems weird.

I'll try using repetier and post results in a while.

[​IMG]

#6 Zegpi, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014
  7. Zegpi

Zegpi Member

Installed repetier-host and the printer is working, albeit without auto level calibration.
    Matter control is still having the same issues as before.

8. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

9. Zegpi

Zegpi Member

Great tip, thanks!
    Will try it out inmediatly.

10. cosber

cosber Active Member

The auto level in the new version of MatterControl has only 6 steps.

11. Zegpi

Zegpi Member

I added the custom G-code to slic3r startup code, but it did not work, the G1 Z-offset works, but the G29 does nothing, below is a screenshot of the custom code in slic3r.

[​IMG]

That's pretty strange, seeing that it gets stuck trying to get a third point, not to mention that with just 2 points you can't calculate the normal of a plane.

12. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Did you read under the "Firmware:" section of the link?
    What version of the firmware do you have installed?

The changes @Mike Kelly is referencing in that link would be for an older (beta) version of the printer (not the R1) I would think the R1 should already have those changes in its firmware.

13. Jenbob

Jenbob New Member

#13 Jenbob, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
    3 people like this.
  14. Zegpi

Zegpi Member

I'm using the version found in this post http://forums.robo3dprinter.com/index.php?threads/marlin-firmware-update-2-6-14.1725/, I did not install Mike's version because I'm not confortable changing the wiring of the z-stop switches, at least not until the printer is working properly.

I'll give this firmware a try and post results in a while, thanks.

2 people like this.
  15. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Wisely spoken ;)

16. Zegpi

Zegpi Member

I tried the firmware posted by jenbob and Matter Control no longer gets stuck at getting the third point, however, now everytime the printer tries to home the z-axis it goes up about 10 mm, if I keep pressing the home button the carriage keeps going up and up, consequently, when I triy to print something it prints in the air.

I suspect this firmware thinks the z-stops switches activate when the printer reaches the bottom (like in the beta version of the robo 3d) instead of the other way around. Any ideas on how to fix this?

17. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Did you check the firmware?

What is your setting for this?

const bool Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true;

18. Zegpi

Zegpi Member

It's set to true, all others are set to false.

19. Jenbob

Jenbob New Member

I'm not sure if it's worth a check, but have you checked the two z-axis micros are operating correctly? I got a multimeter on the legs of it then just lifted the print head assembly up to release it to see if it triggered. Just a sanity check and a time saver if it's hardware rather then software/firmware. Both of mine were working fine, so that ruled that out for me!

20. Zegpi

Zegpi Member

I'll go buy a multimeter in a couple of hours and will check.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.