1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Baby toys

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Kurt Kadow, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Kurt Kadow

Kurt Kadow New Member

I want to make the Baby Sword Axe and Mace from thingiverse. My question is the extruders brass tip I have heard that lead is used in the process and that filament can leach lead. Would this be safe and is this true of the process to make the brass hot end. And if it is what hot end should I get as a replacement.
    Thank you
    Kurt

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

Nice link, it sounds like goverment nonsense to me though. The government banned kids MOTORCYCLES here in oregon..and I think california because they had lead in them(maybe it was nationwide i forgot ). Or they got bunched in with anything with lead. so its real stupid. Are kids going to EAT a motorcycle?

Unless the kids are eating the nozzle for breakfast, I can't imagine its enough to do anything. But thats just my opinion..and it may be wrong lol.

At least that link says what is food safe, so I would look at that and not worry about it after that if it was me.

#3 KTMDirtFace, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016