1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

BarMixVah Plus

Discussion in 'Projects' started by mark tomlinson, Aug 21, 2014.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I have not created an image of the newer code. The source is here: https://github.com/marktoml/BarBot
    However if you want the Pi image that was created for the original code that I can find and re-host on OneDrive or something.
    Let me look.

2. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xfyieq2pxdx5s8g/AADYe4YAcVulUCkOW_tLLRmKa?dl=0

Tomorrow, look for BarBot.ZIP (large) It may take it a few hours to actually sync up as it is a large upload
    It is an image from a 16gb SD card and I have it uploading now, but it will be a while.

I have not used that image in a long time and didn't create it myself, I am pretty sure that is the original code from the original author
    Mine is at the GitHub link. You would build that or deploy my JAR file to an existing Pi image. I didn't prepackage an image for mine IIRC.

3. djamplifier

djamplifier New Member

Thank you very much! I´d like to use the GPIO Pin direktly from the Raspberry pi. What do i habe to change in the code to get it work? Sorry my English is not verry good.

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Mine is using the Pi GPIO directly. You edit the properties file to designate which motors are controlled from which I/O pins.

Again, the image I hosted for you is NOT my code :) Mine is on GitHub and you will need to install it on your own Pi Image. You should be able to do a git clone on the pi and install mine. Look over this video and see if that helps:

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

and as I posted before mine is here: https://github.com/marktoml/BarBot

Once I had my code working I stopped worrying about hosting the image for the old stuff. It works, but it is more complicated to setup and configure and I never used it.

I never used git to install mine either. I used Netbeans to do the development and just used it from a PC to remotely debug and deploy the code to the Pi. There are some videos and all out there that show how to do it all from the Pi.

I could have written it with Eclipse on the Pi itself, but I decided not to go that way. You could if you want to add more to it. It works as-is and you do not need to edit the code to add more motors/pumps. Just edit the properties files.