1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Bed screws come loose

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Day Vid, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Day Vid

Day Vid New Member

Howdy,

I've had my Robo R2 for about 2 weeks now and this is my first experience with printing. I've noticed that the front left screw/spring assembly on my bed (as you are looking at it) frequently comes loose and I sometimes find the screw falls out after a few prints. When I run through the leveling procedure and I press down on this spot it doesn't seem to have enough support because the opposite corner tilts. Has anyone else had this problem? Are there any work arounds?

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Either blue or Purple thread locking compound. That will make the screw sit in place without vibration moving it. Typically the screw with the loosest tension will work itself looser because of vibration during printing. Do not use anything stronger than blue thread locking compound red is for permanent attachment. Blue is removable with a little force, considered medium strength. Purple will move with little effort and is considered low strength.

#2 WheresWaldo, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Day Vid and Geof like this.
  3. jscottb

jscottb Member

I had a similar issue with mine, and the bed would work out of a good level fast and the screws would loosen. I ended up taking the bed off and gave the springs a stretch and put them back on. I just pulled them long ways a little to make them longer to add tension better.

On other printer I have had the same issue, and added small rubber o-rings between the screw and the bottom of the bed. This stopped them from loosening up while printing.

Day Vid likes this.
  4. Day Vid

Day Vid New Member

Has anyone had any luck with longer screws/springs?

5. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

A longer spring may work as long as it isn't too long. The issue usually is that the adjustment nut with the least tension is the one that vibrates loose. More tension may keep them tighter longer.

#5 WheresWaldo, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2017