1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Bubbly boat issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Momenslythe, Aug 31, 2017.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The gantry system is superior to the belt drive on the R1 series and will result in tighter tolerances when compared, but the C2 has a such a small print bed to deal with that the detail can be maintained a lot better. Acceleration is negligible on that unit.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Having said all of that :)
    My actual suggestions are to :

1) try a slower print speed
    2) try another slicer

Wanted to be clear there.

In my humble opine that benchy is pretty darn good. Perfect? Nope, but few are :)

Geof likes this.
  3. holmes4

holmes4 Member

I have a C2 and a Deltaprintr - the latter is a large, delta-style printer that uses fishing line to control the movement. I have printed lots of Benchys on both and while the C2 is indeed excellent, the Deltaprintr manages better than what is shown here.

I haven’t printed with ABS in a while (no longer have a printer with a heated bed), but curling was always an issue for me with ABS and I am glad to be rid of it. I do agree that one won’t get a Lego-smooth surface with an FDM printer (at least not without post-processing), but the photos here show issues that would be unacceptable to me.