1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

C2 - 2nd Print with PETG

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by Keith70, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Keith70

Keith70 New Member

Robo3D said PETG would not work on the C2 cause of no heated bed, well I gave it a try and it did a pretty good job at it. It has a couple of layers with specks and I think that was from material/extruder starvation.

Attached Files:

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Not bad at all. I think the biggest thing is just bed adhesion. Did you use hairspray? Also you could add some buildtak to the C2 and avoid the need of a heated bed as well for a lot of filaments.

3. Keith70

Keith70 New Member

Hey danzca6, it's me Keith_Developer from Twitter. I never use hairspray as it's flammable (I have kids using printers). Just used the stock bed (which appears to be black painters tape) and wiped with alcohol which helps make it tackier. The bed adhesion of the part was right on.

4. danzca6

Hey Keith! I wonder if they added a coating then? It would be smart of them to do so. Glad to see you having good results with the printer.

5. danzca6

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

6. Keith70

Keith70 New Member

Thanks! It appears the build sheet (which they include quite a few extra) is black painters tape. I had no problems with adhesion when printing the PLA and PETG parts.

My biggest grip out of my total list is the resonating noise of the fan for the extrusion. Oh and the power switch is backwards! LOL

7. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Appears that you have the Pet-G material printing down pat. Questions Sir: What changes needed to be made in Cura to facilitate printing with Pet-G? I was drawn to the transparency of Pet-G for printing models and wanted to explore the possibilities. New 'printer quality' profile? Material profile for Pet-G - did you use the 'generic' Pet-G material profile or did you create a new material profile?
    Thank you.

8. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

>Keith70 was last seen:Jan 5, 2017<

Good luck, hopefully he will respond. Apparently hasn't been back for a while :)
    He does mention a twitter handle (https://twitter.com/Keith_Developer) and he is active there so you can try pinging him on there.

9. KRGraphicsCG

KRGraphicsCG Member

I have been printing with PETG for MONTHS and I have nothing but great news about it. The brand of PETG I am printing with DOES NOT require a heated bed... I'm happy.