1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Cable clamp assembly to hold cable up to underside of lid

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Lee, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Lee

Lee Member

Here is a small mod that I made to hold the cable up to the underside of the lid. It makes it easier to remove the lid without having to mess with a cable tie. There are two screw mounts and a flat clamp plate on the underside of the top on the R1 Plus. The flat clamp plate gets removed and replaced with this. I don't know about the R1. If the R1 doesn't have the two screw mounts then you could make a U shaped part that would slip into the top slot with a couple of set screws and a loop similar to the CableClampMount

Attached Files:

2. woferry

woferry Member

FYI, my R1plus ordered a week ago came with something similar. The cable bundle itself has a zip-tie, but what it hooks into is a plastic piece right at the end of the top slot. It's held in place with two screws, all I had to do was remove one of them and the plastic part freely rotated to the side and left the zip-tie free. Putting it back was just a matter of hooking the zip-tie loop over the plastic piece again and securing the one screw. So that was pretty nice and easy.

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@Lee The R1 has the same arrangement, I am going to print one of these as I have been looking for something like this for a while. I was too lazy to design one myself, thanks.

4. Lee

Lee Member

You are welcome. Thanks for letting me know that the R1 has the same fitting.