1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Changes in Preheat Temps in Firmware

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by cberrya6e, Dec 20, 2015.

1. cberrya6e

cberrya6e New Member

Howdy, all! Hoping I can get a pointer as to how to proceed. I have been running the Marlin RC2 firmware successfully for a couple of months. I have customized some of the settings prior to this point, all with no issue. However, I have run into an issue recently that has me stumped. I noticed that the default ABS preheat temps are 240 deg for the hot end and 110 deg for the bed. I found the relevant (I think) section in the configuration.h file and edited the ABS Preheat values as follows:

// Preheat Constants
    #define PLA_PREHEAT_HOTEND_TEMP 190 //--ROBO-BH
    #define PLA_PREHEAT_HPB_TEMP 70
    #define PLA_PREHEAT_FAN_SPEED 255 //--ROBO-BH Insert Value between 0 and 255

#define ABS_PREHEAT_HOTEND_TEMP 210
    #define ABS_PREHEAT_HPB_TEMP 80
    #define ABS_PREHEAT_FAN_SPEED 0 // Insert Value between 0 and 255

I successfully save, verify and load with no errors. However, when I select Preheat ABS the temp set points are the default 240 and 110. I have tried it multiple times, I have powered down and up, and unplugged the printer to try and get the new values to work. Does anybody have any idea what is going on and what I can do to get my values to become the new settings? Thank you for your time and consideration.

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

The default settings are probably saved in EEPROM. That portion of memory does not get overwritten when you flash new firmware. Issue the following commands on a terminal connected to the printer.

M502
    M500

Then check the settings after that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

#2 WheresWaldo, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Are you doing the "Preheat ABS" from the LCD or from software?